Wednesday, October 26, 2016

The Open Air Water Power Museum

The Open Air Water Power Museum in Dimitsana was a little treasure. It highlights the importance of water-power in traditional society. Focusing on the main pre-industrial techniques that take advantage of water to produce a variety of goods. I was told by others today that a bank here, Piraeus bank, sponsors several of these types of museums throughout Greece and that most are worth seeing. This was unlike any museum we have visited yet. I also may have wandered outside the museum limits at one point, but I'm not sure. However, I feel like I found the secret garden.
Cistern

fire


water mill



water shooting out from the mill





tannery remains

tannery



hides hanging up and holes where the hides were cleaned








gun powder mill


here is where I began my journey into the secret garden


how am I not in the secret garden?




1 comment: