Saturday, October 15, 2016

I tried rabbit today: vegetarians beware

Another member here bought a whole rabbit from the central market in Athens and decided we should have a dinner. For over four hours, five of us worked together to prepare a meal. In the end 9.5 people ate. The 0.5 is because one two year old was there, but only really ate cookies and bread. The rabbit had been marinated in a red wine over the previous night. I was skeptical, but it was delicious. I am quite full.
salad containing pumpkin squash, figs, and pomegranate

bean casserole

the pieces of rabbit

the spread, minus the potatoes, notice the rabbit is now in with onions and the juices; the loaf at the end is olive bread
my plate - a little of everything. I also tried the kidney and the liver... I liked the first taste of them, but didn't like them when I chewed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment