Monday, October 10, 2016

Oinaidai

Oinaidai is once again the site of a city, but in addition to giant walls and a theater, this one had a ship shed. The size of this shed is crazy.
at the bottom of this picture you see what the ship shed would look like reconstructed

it had six slots for ships

use those people for scale at how large this structure is

Bob in the ship shed after he walked the "plank" to get into it


on the left you see the "plank" to cross to get to the other side



a picture from the top of the ship shed
Then of course I've got a few pics of the theater.



Lastly, here are some pictures of the walls of the city. I know everyone thinks the Greek Islands are the place for beauty, but I find it here too.







MBIA:
I found soft serve ice cream yesterday. It was delicious and only 1 euro!
I picked a report topic for the third trip today: Unternehmen Kalavryta (Operation Kalavryta). More on this after I research it.
I went walking quite a bit today, and I think I stumbled upon the gentleman's club area. I'm not entirely sure if they are just clubs to go dancing at or clubs where ladies dance because the signage was a little unclear. For example one place said cafe-boutique-club, and had pictures that I think were supposed to be seductive women. I do feel a little more certain however that "Libido Stripper Club" is probably not just a club for all to go dancing. There was also one just titled "FBI", but the images on the building have me thinking it's not a government building. These clubs were however in between regular restaurants, cafes, supermarkets, and gas stations, so who knows....

No comments:

Post a Comment