Saturday, May 27, 2017

Hydra Day 2: Mt Eros climb



When I asked Bob what the plan was for Hydra, he told me just to relax. So naturally last night I asked “Do you want to climb up Mt. Eros tomorrow? It will only be about 4 hours rounds trip.” Bob agreed. Once the rain died down, we headed up the mountain. It was a steep incline all the way up, and I got very sweaty. A little over halfway along the trail is a monastery, so we stopped to take a few photos then finished the hike up. The journey was long, but the 360 view of the island was worth it.











This was at the beginning of our climb up before I was tired and sweaty, so I asked Bob to take this picture.


A picture from the monastery.


Climbing along the top of the mountain.
When I caught Bob taking a picture of me climbing along the top of the mountain.

A picture of the monastery from the top of Mt. Eros.








After eating food and resting a bit we decided to finally do the relaxing thing and headed to a little beach. We had sun for all of about four minutes, so it was mostly cloud bathing.



Strawberry salad with halumi cheese. mmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment