Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Olympiada

Alright people, it is late tonight, so I'm going to try to make it short even though a bunch of awesome stuff happened today. We saw some of the most beautiful scenery today. One site was right on a gorgeous beach and our hotel for the night is right on the water. We also looked at a canal in the morning, so we've been all around the water today. I won't be going into detail today, but I'll hit some highlights.
First off, our hotel and the view from our hotel:
 The hotel we are staying at is Hotel Germany.

or as they like to advertise, the hot germ...

canopy bed... and one bed!

patio furniture

left red roofed building is the hotel
 
this was in the hallway on our floor, so your kid can stay here too, just not in the room

left side view from balcony

straight on view from balcony

me up to my knees in the water on our beach outside the hotel; the water is so clear

 I wanted to include this lady you see here. She is fishing, and was swimming around with flippers and a snorkel. She gave us all gifts from the sea in the form of shells and live star fish. We put them back in the water, and I forgot to get pictures of the creatures.

We made a pit stop today to see one of the greatest things we have seen yet… the Guinness Book of World Records largest block of goat cheese. Pictured here you see a replica not the actual cheese - in case you were confused at how great of condition it is in.

I pet this kitten.
tiny little kitten



Notes about things:
I will post all the beautiful pictures at another time because the internet here is super slow. Here is one little sneak peak(more punning on the barely visible mountains/hills in the background).



The blog got 46 views yesterday, none of which were my favorite sister. Five or so might have been me looking at my own blog.
I should not eat a giant hunk of beef at 10pm, although I already knew that and still did it.
There is sand in the bed from my beach walking, but I’m blaming it on Bob, and he is taking it like a champ.
We got more mosquito spray. The man at the pharmacy (that's where you get things here - a post about those sometime in the future) assured us this was a strong repellent. The container says "jungle", and level 3 out of 4 in the "strong" category. Then we look at it, and there is 20% deet. I don't think this man has even been to the woods in Wisconsin.
Anyone who knows me knows I'm a little (I don't quite know which word to choose here) strange... silly... special...  well regardless, I was being myself and humming or singing along like I usually do when I realized I was walking through ancient ruins with a group of people, so I abruptly stopped. Then one of the other members of the group called me out on it. I've been outed. I guess it's been a couple weeks now, so it's about time they experience what I can't really describe other than to say it's me. (Shannon if you're reading this - no one knows of the Amish side yet...)
Update on our pup - 

wearing a cone to not pick at wound


insists on keeping head straight in air when wearing cone

2 comments:

  1. We love you just the way you are, Melissa!!! :D

    ReplyDelete