Thursday, February 16, 2017

Heraklion again CTD4

We ended back up in Heraklion again for tonight. Today we started off in Ierapetra at the Archaeological Museum, then drove on out to the archeological sites of Gournia, Church of the Pangia Kera at Krista, Lato, and finally Dreros. We will be doing a walking tour of Venetian Heraklion tonight and finish at a restaurant for a group dinner as we celebrate the end of carnival or something like that. For some religion in Greece, tonight is the last night to eat meat until Easter, so it's basically a meat feast.

This morning in the light I looked at the "good kiss spot" from last night, and this is what I found:


a cute little puppy

and also this beach front

A few pups playing on the beach



Crete is very mountainous, and since Peggy loves seeing my mountain pictures, I'm including this one from today for her.

We have seen a lot of sheep and goats in the mountains.
Tomorrow we are staying at a hotel that is normally closed during the off season but is opening up special for us, so I don't know if I will have wifi for a post.

No comments:

Post a Comment