Monday, February 20, 2017

Crete Trip Day 7 (one day late)

As I had no internet on the ferry back to Athens, I am posting about final day one day late. We started out at the Chania Museum then the Kissamos Museum before heading the the site of Pharlaserna, Aptera, Souda Bay(where I gave my report on the battle of Crete), and the Venizelos Tombs. Once again, we had beautiful weather.

The remains of the Carnival celebrations were evident in the streets. We saw lots of confetti, one road we needed to take was closed down for a parade, and there were several paper mache type figures.



Also, I forgot that we had lunch on the beach, and it was beautiful. Two members went swimming but not for much longer than 1 minute due to the cold temperature of the water. I still can't believe how clear the water is, but I might be biased since I grew up along the Mississippi.








1 comment: