Sunday, November 27, 2016

Mieza Theater

When I did my Mieza post yesterday, I had forgotten about the theater there. It is being reconstructed, so the stone you see is not the original. It was estimated to seat 1500-2000 spectators. This is a possible site of the death of Phillip II.
I usually try hard to not have a bunch of people blocking the ruins in my pictures, but it was unavoidable here.





Then our leader took us off-roading aka we walked through some grass and brush to find these walls. I think this was part of the Agora of ancient Mieza.



While we were walking, there were these shells all over. Our leader had talked about how the water moves. Where there was once a river is now land and vice versa.




In other news:
The Athens' weather forecast this week is full of rain. All night last night, you could hear the thunderstorms and the water running down the street. If you remember my hail in Athens post, the streets get very flooded here.

We are now sick of Thanksgiving leftovers. (only took four days)

 Today at the Parliament building, where the famous soldiers stand guard, there were a bunch of men (I'd say around 50) in uniform playing instruments and drums. There were a lot of police men there and had moved the crowd that always forms to take pictures of the guards back. I was going to get a picture of the men playing instruments, but I didn't see anyone else taking them, so I didn't know if the police had put a stop to it. Then suddenly the men just marched away.
the guards outside the parliament


No comments:

Post a Comment