Saturday, November 19, 2016

A cinnamon roll and a sweatshirt

The temperature here is only getting to 64-68 degrees for a high now, which means it's finally getting a little chilly. When I'm walking around outside and in the sun, I get sweaty, but when I am sitting indoors I get cool. I underestimated how much I enjoy a lounging sweatshirt, so I didn't bring one with me to Greece. I decided to go buy one. I spent yesterday on Ermou Street, which is full of clothing stores with no luck. I was wanting a large, crew neck, dark sweatshirt. I researched more stores around Athens that might work, and set off this morning. The first store I went into was not one on my list but one I happened to stumble across. It was a very small store that was family run. I think it was called 48 Street Ware or something. I got one there.
I have absolutely no idea what this is. I tried to google it and came up blank. I really like it though, and I'm not sure why, it just felt right. Also, there were only three choices to pick from and this was the cheapest.
Some cool things happened in this store too. As I was paying, the lady asked where I was from because she said my Greek accent was so good that she thought my mother must have been Greek. While I was recapping this to Bob, he asked if I got an XXXL sweatshirt, since I like them to be larger and baggy, but I usually get L or XL.He was teasing with me. I ended up getting a small though since it was cheaper. I told him I asked the lady for a large and she said "is it a gift?" Then he said "this woman was just saying all the best things to you". It was a good morning.

Apparently Ajax is getting cold too. He put on his coat today.


However my plans for the day had been drastically cut since I had already found my sweatshirt, and it wasn't even lunch time. I decided I needed some new plans for the day and researched donut shops. I found a little chain, Nanou Donut House, that has four or so stores in Athens. I set out for one toward the East because I always go West and thought a change of scenery would be nice. The store was closed. I knew the one on the West end of town closed at 4pm. It was about 3pm - I could make it! I backtracked the way I came and then went to the West end of town. There weren't many options left, but it didn't matter because I got this delicious cinnamon roll. All in all it took me over an hour to get it, but it was totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment