Friday, March 31, 2017

Athens War Museum

Today Bob and I decided to visit a museum in Athens we hadn't been to yet. I pass by this museum frequently and wanted to take a look inside as the outside has old planes which intrigued me. Inside was huge, with lots of different parts of war: the weapons, attire, paintings, sculpture, portraits of important people.




This room was full of swords and guns.


In addition to all the weapons, they had some replicas of battle scenes from friezes, pediments, and grave stelae.


They had this replica of Mystras. See my old blog on this, but there is a castle at the top and then an old palace and many basilicas as you go down the mountain. I thought the replica was interesting because I could put together the site I'd been to.


The old spike weapons.

No comments:

Post a Comment