Friday, June 9, 2017

Santorini - Fira, Red Beach, Vlychada Beach

Yesterday, we arrived at our final island destination before heading back to the States. The port was crazy busy, and I am not looking forward to going back there. We walked around Fira, and I tried to take some photos of the town and the caldera. Today, we went to the ancient site of Akrotiri (I'm going to make this its own post) and then walked to Red Beach to have a look before walking to Vlychada Beach for some sun. I think there is some beautiful scenery here, but I still enjoyed Folegandros much more. Folegandros had all the scenery without all the people. I've recently discovered that I would like traveling much more if it weren't for people.

Fira town.

Trying to get a shot of the caldera.


Imerovigli.

Chicken with okra and meatball with potatoes. 

A roof dog. We actually have seen quite a few of these.

This is labeled on the Fira map as "Flower Donkey", so I think he's famous or something.



Street performer.



Graffiti? I don't know if you can call it that if it was done at a child play center.


Red Beach. It actually says "No Entry" on a sign to the entrance of this beach due to landslides, but the beach was full of people, there were hordes of tourists, there is a snack bar on the beach, and several people selling things along the way. I entered too, obviously.




Vlychada Beach. This beach was windy but nice and had a lot of sand instead of the mostly rocks we have seen. It wasn't too crowded either.



No comments:

Post a Comment